Setting up your kiosks for the first time
Upon receiving your kiosk items, you will want to assemble the iPad into the enclosure, ensuring the swiper is securely positioned and seated in the iPad. You will need to power on the iPad and download the app by following these steps:
- Take a paperclip and turn on the iPad. You'll see a pin hole in the front face and the top edge.
- If we haven't preloaded the kiosk app, please sign in to your iTunes account or create a new one if you don't have one already.
From the iPad, go to the App Store and search for "SecureKiosk". Download our SecureKiosk app: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/securekiosk/id604304946?mt=8
- Once the app is installed, you can open the app and enter your GivingFire url + /kiosk, e.g., https://[yourorganizationname].givingfire.com/kiosk
- Note: make sure the /kiosk is appended to the URL - the normal donation page will not work with the kiosks.
- Also Note: the URL is case sensitive. Use lower case only.
- Click "Start".
Here are a few things to consider if you run into trouble:
- If you incorrectly entered the URL, you can always change it by going into the iPad settings > SecureKiosk > Re-enter URL.
- If there is an error, 9 times out of 10 it is a connectivity issue. Be sure you're on a solid WiFi connection.
- Also, ensure that the enclosure is mounted to the base and always plugged in. It will go to sleep and save battery, but if it's on full blast all the time the power management is not great.
Setting up your kiosk's design
Note that there is a default "Anchor Church" branding on the kiosk - this is just to give you an idea of what your kiosk should look like. To change your kiosk's design, login to your Administrative Dashboard from a computer and navigate to Settings > Organization > Kiosk Donations. You can preview your design at your computer by going to your GivingFire url + /kiosk, e.g., https://[yourorganizationname].givingfire.com/kiosk.
The splash image is a full-screen image that displays while the kiosk is "at rest"; that is, before the donor starts a donation. It should be a simple image that displays your organization's logo prominently. The image should be a PNG or JPG image exactly 980px by 735px. Note that a "Give" button is automatically placed on the splash image 550px down, centered in the middle of the screen.
The kiosk logo is located at the top-left corner of the screen during the donation process. It should be a transparent PNG sized 30px high and no more than 300px wide.